ASM Student and Post Doctoral Fellows Travel Grant
Travel grants are selected by the Program Committee on the basis of the scientific quality of the submitted abstracts. ICAAC travel grants are $500 for North American residents and $750 for International residents. As these grants are meant only to help defray travel costs for attending ICAAC, students may need to obtain additional funding from other sources.
Application Deadline: June 17, 2014
- ASM membership at the time of ICAAC 2014;
- Presenting author on an accepted abstract to ICAAC 2014;
Please Note: Applications are to be submitted prior to knowing whether your abstract has been accepted for ICAAC 2014.
- Not previously a recipient of the grant;
- Undergraduate or pre-doctoral student; PhD or MD within two years of graduation at the time of the meeting; or an MD in a residency or fellowship program within six years of receipt of the MD degree at the time of the meeting;
- Application Form including contact information and cover letter describing professional interests, accompanied by letter of nomination from a faculty member on department letterhead, stating that the applicant is expected to be active in the training or degree program at the time of the meeting. If the applicant will have attained their terminal degree at the time of the meeting, the date of graduation must be included in this letter;
- Submission and acceptance of an abstract to ICAAC 2014, which is accepted for presentation.
- Letter of nomination, Application Form, and copy of abstract(s) are due June 17, 2014.
We are no longer accepting applications at this time.
Funds will be distributed at the meeting. If a grant recipient cannot present the accepted poster, the recipient MUST notify ASM as soon as possible. The grant money will be rescinded and awarded to an alternate.