ICAAC Infectious Disease Fellows Grant Program
In 2005, ASM expanded opportunities for Infectious Disease Fellows and created the ICAAC ID Fellows Grant Program. This program offers ID Fellows a unique opportunity to attend ICAAC and participate in an experience specifically tailored to their educational development needs. This select group of Fellows will have the opportunity to hear keynote talks targeted to them, participate in mentored poster walks, receive overviews of recommended sessions for attendance, interact with ICAAC Program Committee members, and be given personalized attention, including daily discussions to help them maximize their educational and career development experience. Costs covered by this program include: coach airfare, hotel stay for the meeting dates, ICAAC registration, and daily breakfasts.
Continuing the program for 2014, a subcommittee of the ICAAC Program Committee will select ID Fellows both from U.S. and International Infectious Disease/Clinical Microbiology Fellowship Programs. Recipients will be contacted following their acceptance by ASM staff to assist in making their travel arrangements. All Fellows participating in this program will be housed in the same hotel and will receive an itinerary of events for the week.
ID Fellows who have already participated in the ICAAC Fellows Grant Program are encouraged to apply for the ASM Infectious Disease (ID) Fellow Travel Award.
- ASM Membership at the time of ICAAC 2014;
- Presenting author on an accepted abstract to ICAAC 2014;
Please Note: Applications are to be submitted prior to knowing whether your abstract has been accepted for ICAAC 2014.
- Not previously a recipient of the grant;
- A PhD, PharmD or MD enrolled in an ID, Microbiology, Immunology or Pharmacy Fellowship Training Program at the time of application or meeting;
- Application Form including contact information and cover letter describing professional interests, accompanied by a letter of nomination from the individual’s ID Fellowship Program Director on letterhead, including confirmation of ID Fellowship status;
- Letter of nomination, Application Form, and copy of abstract(s) are due June 17, 2014.
We are no longer accepting applications at this time.
Funds will be distributed at the meeting. If a grant recipient cannot present the accepted poster, the recipient MUST notify ASM as soon as possible. The grant money will be rescinded and awarded to an alternate.